COVID-19 Building Reservation Guidelines
(These recommendations will be posted in each classroom)
- Masks are not required but are recommended. We ask that all volunteers for church-sponsored events wear masks.
- The CDC guidelines for social distancing recommend a distance of 6 feet at all times.
- If it is determined that a member of your group has tested positive for COVID-19 we ask that you notify the Executive Pastor (Matt Bortmess, firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
- FCC reserves the right to suspend on-campus meetings and all access to the building at any time. Notification of building closure will be sent via email. Deposits and fees will be refunded for reservations that are cancelled.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided. Please sanitize tables, chairs, and doorknobs at end of use.
1. It is recommended that you preview the facility with the Executive Pastor prior to submission of this form to ensure that the room in question will fit your needs.
2. Allow two weeks for response to reservation requests.
3. Events are not official until they are put on the church calendar and authorized.
4. The use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, or dancing is not permitted in the facilities or on the grounds.
5. The conduct and behavior by all guests must be appropriate, i.e., Christ-like.
6. Individuals, groups, or organizations utilizing FCC's facilities shall be responsible, financially and otherwise, for any and all personal injuries, property damage, property loss, and destruction of the facilities, or any part thereof, arising out of the individual, group, or organization's activities and use of the facilities.
7. Sundays are reserved for ministry activities for FCC, therefore the facility will not be available to reserve for other activities.
8. We currently do not schedule Non-Church sponsored events during the week prior to and after Christmas, the week prior to and after Easter, the week of Thanksgiving and July 1 - 6.
9. FCC’s Executive Pastor has the final decision regarding the request, acceptable decorations, moving furniture, use of tape, candles for weddings, etc.
10. Your group is responsible for setting up for your event and putting things back as you found them.
11. The balance of the total fees (less the deposit) are payable to the First Christian Church office prior to the day of the event.
12. All events and clean-up must conclude by 9:00 p.m. (6:00 p.m. on Saturday) at which time the premises are secured.
13. If applicable, the church reserves the right to require organizations to provide a Certificate of Insurance (with coverage of at least $1,000,000) listing FCC as the Additional Insured.
Non-Church Sponsored Building Use Policy
As stewards of the Lord's property, our responsibility is to oversee the facility use to forward God's purposes.
We welcome requests to use the facilities for additional events that enhance life-sharing and encourage spiritual connection, growth, and service by individuals, para-church organizations and other not-for-profit groups (501-c-3 status). If the church calendar can accommodate, consideration will be given to events that may assist in our mission and to individuals or groups that:
- Have a connection with First Christian Church (members, attendees, missions we support, etc.) AND/OR
- Have goals, objectives, or mission statements that promote service to meet needs in our community.
Individuals and groups must read and agree to the terms below. If in agreement, they may complete and submit a Building Reservation Form (above) for consideration of their request. FCC's Executive Pastor will communicate with the group submitting the reservation form.
Use by Individuals: To help cover some of the costs associated with providing facilities, individuals using the facilities will be responsible for the Use Fee (Fee Schedule below).
Use by Groups: While para-church organizations and other not-for-profit groups (501-c-3 status) are not charged the Use Fee, donations for use of FCC facilities are welcome.
Fee Schedule | Member / Non-Member
Classrooms | $50 / $100
Heritage Chapel | $100 / $200
Student Center | $100 / $200
Worship Center | $200 / $400
A/V Tech | $75 / $75
Matt Bortmess | Executive Pastor
email@example.com | 712-328-2606